Discuss Heat resistant tile adhesive in the America area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Franer

-
Reaction score
Hi guys, I have a couple of questions related to tiling a hearth and the surrounding walls around a large wood burning stove. The walls around the stove will be done with thin stone cladding and the hearth will be done with either sandstone or limestone 35mm slabs. Can I use regular tile adhesive or do I have to use heat resistant one like Vitcas? The Vitcas one is expensive and is pre mixed ready to go so not crazy about using it. Botament has a powdered tile adhesive for "heated areas" but no mention of the temperatures it withstands etc. Also what type of grout for the hearth? Any advice is very much appreciated. Thank you.

Kevbos

Arms
Reaction score
Please contribute to this thread if you have any new information or can even just reiterate what has been said already. :)
Hi guys, I have a couple of questions related to tiling a hearth and the surrounding walls around a large wood burning stove. The walls around the stove will be done with thin stone cladding and the hearth will be done with either sandstone or limestone 35mm slabs. Can I use regular tile adhesive or do I have to use heat resistant one like Vitcas? The Vitcas one is expensive and is pre mixed ready to go so not crazy about using it. Botament has a powdered tile adhesive for "heated areas" but no mention of the temperatures it withstands etc. Also what type of grout for the hearth? Any advice is very much appreciated. Thank you.
I have seen many installers of fire places over the years and I am sure most use sand and cement to fix the hearth with !plus most old fire hearths that were tiled used sand and cement and they still solid 100 years or more after !I'd use sand and cement 4 to 1 mix as waterproof then also !seal underneath of hearth

Reply to Heat resistant tile adhesive in the America area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finias Coroama
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks