Discuss heat mats for under laminate flooring in the Floor Advice - Flooring Forum area at TilersForums.com

A

Ajax123

TF
Arms
Reactions
862 6
I am in the process of ripping out my bedroom and rebuilding it. I intend to put laminate flooring down (probably) but wanted to put in underfloor heating if possible. I know there must be a heating mat suitable for under laminate flooring - any recomendations from the forums would be appreciated.

The alternative is to go for a wet system but this means a lot more work.

It will be the primary heat source in the bedroom which I am going to insulate substantially over the next couple of weeks.

D

Deleted member 9966

I'm sure Oli put ufh under a laminate floor he did for a very awkward customer, and I'm sure he had it from Uheat. Give Pete at Uheat a buzz Alan, see if he recommends any of his kits for underneath wood/laminate. And when you find out, tell me, cos I want to lay real wood in my lounge and dining room with ufh underneath :thumbsup:

D

diamondtiling

Hi Al, its the carbon UFH that you need pal, it looks like camera film, you need to lay it on ply, do as Liz said and phone uheat, its not cheap though.
:thumbsup:

D

DHTiling

I am in the process of ripping out my bedroom and rebuilding it. I intend to put laminate flooring down (probably) but wanted to put in underfloor heating if possible. I know there must be a heating mat suitable for under laminate flooring - any recomendations from the forums would be appreciated.

The alternative is to go for a wet system but this means a lot more work.

It will be the primary heat source in the bedroom which I am going to insulate substantially over the next couple of weeks.
Here you go Al..

140W/m2 Underfloor Heating Mats for laminate / wood flooring from Uheat

And a video for installation..

Broken Link Removed

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to heat mats for under laminate flooring in the Floor Advice - Flooring Forum area at TilersForums.com

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
A Floor Advice - Flooring Forum 1

New Threads (Sitewide)

Top Bottom

Use TilersForums.com to find Tiling Jobs or your Local Tilers for free. Get tiling tools at the best prices via the forum.