Discuss Have I ordered the right stuff in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

DIYer

TF
Reaction score
Hi, having a bit of second thoughts over what I should of ordered

Tiling the kitchen, 10m2 .. T shape layout, with porcelain 9mm tiles. Floor is T&G over joists

I have ordered 10x 6mm Hardie Backers, 2x Keraquick, Hardie tape and cutter. Will get the Turbo screws from Screwfix as suggested on here. Can get another Keraquick locally if run short.

Realise now that I also need adhesive to put the Hardie down. Which I need to decide on and add to the order.

Debate is the Keraquick, just done the bathroom which was only 2m2 but with underfloor heating and even then was going off pretty quick as was warm. Great as we grouted the same day but downside couldn't adjust any tiles after a short while

Keraquick is a bit fast for me maybe, Keraflex is slow as we won't be able to go near the kitchen at all till the next day.... is there anything between or a way of slowing Keraquick down?

Also we don't need latex if going over Hardie?

Thanks

Reply to Have I ordered the right stuff in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Damian
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks