Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Have i missed something? "Professional Tiler" tag now says "Tilers' Arms Member" - Why is that? in the Struggling With The Forum? - Ask for Help Here area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

D

Dumbo

Please checkout the following advertisement.
Why have the professional tiler tags been replaced with arms members tags.
Surely only forum members will know what this means

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Yup. I thought that too but was overruled lol

Basically it's like this. We have some plumbers and plasterers that we have granted access to the arms for, so they share the benefit of there and Cafe Del Tiles. But they didn't like being labelled as a tiler, because they're not, not because they don't like tilers (which I'm sure they do - haha).

So visitors of the site will still trust the advice of the trusted advisors, of which there are plenty. And those with arms access are denoted as such. But visitors aren't to say that everybody with the tag, in either form, are to trust the advice - because we did and do let lots in there whether we know how good they are or not.

So it kinda makes sense. But it's a change. And all changes start a small war on here lol
[automerge]1562596598[/automerge]
Now typing the word 'war' I've realised it looked like we were some sort of weaponry group with just "arms member" so I've changed it again to "Tilers' Arms Member" so as to separate us from ISIS. lol

Upvote 0

acaciaguy

TF
Arms
Reaction score
How does them being given access to the arms have an impact on the general forums?. To the public professional tiler means that. Other trades with access to the arms , which is great and encouraged, shouldn’t mean that a pro title is removed. What does member of arms mean to visitors?
[automerge]1562598619[/automerge]
Member of the arms for all that are. And pro tiler for those that are too?

Upvote 0
OP
T

Time's Ran Out

Listen - going back 12 months we’ve had plumbers in the ‘Arms’ and they’ve never bought a drink yet!
I pushed @Dan for a change to the wording and now I think it’s just right.
If you look at my heading and yes I’am collecting tags I’ve put Professional Tiler under my handle to tell new members that even in retirement I can still stick a few tiles down .
You can put whatever description you want - one member thinks he’s an entertainer others might feel they are tea boys.
If your in the Arms your a Tilers’Arms Member! - specify your trade.

Upvote 0

acaciaguy

TF
Arms
Reaction score
It used to be that to get the pro tiler tag you had to prove it. You may still have to prove that to be an arms member but what does arms member mean to the public. I can write anything in my profile at least the pro tile tag was proved

Why not pro tiler , pro plumber , pro... etc as well

Upvote 0
OP
I

Italy

arm is not a word a little tight?
almost dialectical?
I never understood the meaning of

arm in italian

[automerge]1562599929[/automerge]
arm is not a word a little tight?
almost dialectical?
I never understood the meaning of

arm in italian
or this one?

Upvote 0

Reply to Have i missed something? "Professional Tiler" tag now says "Tilers' Arms Member" - Why is that? in the Struggling With The Forum? - Ask for Help Here area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmcdon47
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock