Discuss Hate Porcelain sigma 3c3m in the Tile Cutters area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Reaction score
I have been using my sigma 3c3m for a while now and it cuts through tiles a breeze and leaves a nice finish.... except on porcelain

I’m currently cutting 600x300 porcelain but the amount of snapped tiles is beyond a joke, eugh

Has anybody else had difficulty with porcelain on the sigmas?

Getting the grinder out to finish of a cut is getting pretty annoying

Rant over

image.jpg

Boggs

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

W

Waluigi

Go down to your local Topps and have a look outside. They throw a lot of tiles away. There’s a thread on here already about the sigma. The height of the bar needs to be adjusted based on the thickness of the tile.

Reaction score
Go down to your local Topps and have a look outside. They throw a lot of tiles away. There’s a thread on here already about the sigma. The height of the bar needs to be adjusted based on the thickness of the tile.

I have spare tiles and have practiced moving the bar up as the tiles are about 13mm thick

Weirdly i can do small cuts fine, its when I’m cutting the full length (600mm) when I struggle, maybe my scoring....guess i gotta keep practicing

Reaction score
Oh my, cannot believe myself!

I’ve just noticed my handles been the wrong way this whole time, what a difference it makes!!!

W

Waluigi

You’ve got it so that you score away from the measuring bar? Handle is facing towards the user?

Reaction score
So from the picture above, thats apparently wrong.

With the push handle, your supposed to score towards the measuring bar.

I’ll attach a picture of the correct way

image.jpg

Reply to Hate Porcelain sigma 3c3m in the Tile Cutters area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Midland Commercial
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks