Discuss Hardiebacker over floorboards in the America area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Herbis

-
Reaction score
Hi all,

Tiling my bathroom (wet room) floor, which will have an Impey tray.

I have wooden floorboards and planned to make sure they’re movement free then overboard them with 6mm hardiebacker, screwed 9 per board. Is this right? Do I need to put flexible adhesive underneath the hardie?

Thanks!

Trigger

Arms
Reaction score
Hardie used to state that the adhesive under the 6mm hardie didn't have to be flexible as its purpose is as a gap filler. I use flexible as its what I generally have to hand. They have an install guide on there website.

Herbis

-
Reaction score
Hardie used to state that the adhesive under the 6mm hardie didn't have to be flexible as its purpose is as a gap filler. I use flexible as its what I generally have to hand. They have an install guide on there website.
In that case, what’s your view on using gripfill as that’s what I have to hand (…I have a pack of 10 collecting dust)

Herbis

-
Reaction score
My view is that the manufacturer doesn't advise using gripfill, it recommends tile adhesive.
Good point, well made. In that case I’ll use tile adhesive. Priming - what do I use for wood? I also have 6mm hardie to go onto brick walls, I intend to use 6mm notched adhesive with 9 fixings per board - can I prime with the same as the floor? Waterproof PVA or other?

Reply to Hardiebacker over floorboards in the America area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawz84
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks