Discuss Hairline crack in grout!! in the Adhesive and Grout area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Reaction score
Hi,

I don't know if I'm been a little over the top here but I have a very small haircrack within my grout which is located on the wall in Bath/shower area!! See picture!
20200719_114608.jpg

The Area was only tiled/grouted about 2 months ago. The substrate is tanked plasterboard. They used powered adhesive (don't know what brand) as well as mapei ultracolor plus for the grout.

My question is am I being too over the top or does the issue need attention??

Many Thanks.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hi,

I don't know if I'm been a little over the top here but I have a very small haircrack within my grout which is located on the wall in Bath/shower area!! See picture!
View attachment 113012

The Area was only tiled/grouted about 2 months ago. The substrate is tanked plasterboard. They used powder adhesive (don't know what brand) as well as mapei ultracolor plus for the grout.

My question is am I being too over the top or does the issue need attention??

Many Thanks.
Have you got a picture from further away? It looks from that photo as if the grout is sitting higher than the tiles?!
Here's a picture slightly further back with a different angle if that will help.
20200714_172002.jpg

The tile meets the bath so its siliconed at the bottom of the picture.

GAZ5518

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Still can’t tell from picture... (does look raised)..
Take some further away ...
But even so .. if it’s a hairline crack then either dried too quick ( suction) but more likely movement.

GAZ5518

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
I can just see it ..
Tap the tile to see if it’s loose...if do then that’s probably the issue...which means replacing the tile..
Or ..Rake the grout out and re-grout to see if it occurs again.

Reaction score
Tapped the tile... Soild as a rock!! which is good I'm guessing. I'll rake out and replace the grout. Any tips on which grout to use? I've still got some mapei ultracolor left? or maybe use something more flexible if it exists?

Reply to Hairline crack in grout!! in the Adhesive and Grout area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
alangk85
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks