Discuss Gypsum screed prep in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

V

Versatile

Hi all
In process of tiling gypsum based screed
It's one of the newer screeds that apparently don't need sanding ect
The screed has been down a while and customer thought he was running the water through the heating system to help dry
But ther must of being an airlock or dodgy thermostat because the water hasn't been going through it at temperature
That has been resolved now and has been commissioned for a week on Monday
When can I take a genuine moisture reading ? And what should it be
When can I realistically fix
I'm using tilemaster anyfix
Thanks

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
AAAAAAARRRRGGHHHHHH!!!!!

they all need sanding. there is NOT a new type available in the UK. the company i work for makes the binder for the vast majority of them in the UK.

drying rate will vary based on flow temperature and ventillation. it could be as little s two weeks but could be a couple of months. the best answer to when is simply, when its dry enough. you can moisture test any time if using carbide bomb but if hygrometer the heating needs to be off for 48hours. if they are comissioning the heating properly and offering very good ventillation with plenty of chance for the moisture to get out of the screed it is reasonable to expect a 50mm screed to be dry within about 3 weeks (comissioning procedure and ventillation essential) see the procedure in the attached document which holds true for all gypsum screeds

http://gypsol.co.uk/media/1262/4-gypsol-underfloor-heating.pdf

Reply to Gypsum screed prep in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finias Coroama
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks