Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Grouting Rectified Tiles in the Adhesive and Grout area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

Lakey

TF
Reaction score
Please checkout the following advertisement.
Hi chaps/chapesses

Looking for a bit of advice, I have been tile on and off for a few years now and was wondering the best way to grout rectified tiles. I can never seem to manage to get the grout as flush to the surface of the tile as I would really like.
Maybe I'm washing down to early?

Any thoughts/advice?

Cheers

I

Italy

I try to use grout fairly rapid, type Mapei Ultracolor, less time to decrease.
little water as possible, it depends on the type of tile surface.
the rougher, use more water.
hope you understand my writing :)

I

Ian

What grouts do you tend to use? I find some are better than others at getting fuller joints, and holding your nerve with the amount of time before washing off!

OP
Lakey

Lakey

TF
Reaction score
Have used Ardex FS, Keracoll, Mapei...
I think as you guys suggest it's a balance between amount of water used in wash off and time left before doing so!
I think I'm maybe just a bit picky?!

I

Italy

Have used Ardex FS, Keracoll, Mapei...
I think as you guys suggest it's a balance between amount of water used in wash off and time left before doing so!
I think I'm maybe just a bit picky?!

Many factors decide the time :)

I

Ian

I know I bang on about tilemaster products to the point that people may think I get some sort of commission but, the grout 3000 is brilliant for getting flush joints on rectified tiles, it's just a case of waiting for it to set up sufficiently before washing off, on some tiles in colder weather that could be up to 90 mins, which isn't great for a small bathroom floor but, brilliant for grouting a 30m floor in one hit. There is a very big window for washing it off so you don't get caught out and end up scrubbing tiles or resorting to getting the acid out!

I

Ian

Hmmmmm sounds interesting.
Do CTD supply?
They don't, tilemaster isn't in any of the big chains it's mostly independents that stock it. If you google tiletown in Derby, they'll deliver anywhere in the country if you can't find a stockist near you.

O

On one

I don't often get to use Ardex grouts,but I do seem to remember using some Ardex FL a few years ago that sat in the joints well and wasn't a nightmare to clean off the tiles. Depends on the tile and ambient temperature as well mind you.

Reply to Grouting Rectified Tiles in the Adhesive and Grout area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
BIG_AL
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock