Discuss Grouting Floors + Dot & Dab in the Tiling Forum | Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

UK Pro Tiling Training
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members
What member type are you?
Currently on a short course not aiming for qualifications
Hi everyone, I'm new on here (as you might guess) I've got a couple of questions. One about a job I've just completed at my brother's and another about our bathroom that I'm about to take on.

First off... I've recently re-tiled my brothers floor and to start with was trying to grout the joint between the edge tile and the skirting, but it was black grout and making a horrible mess of the skirting.... so I decided to leave it un-grouted and just to silicone seal it instead. My brother disagreed though and said it needs grouting, then that made me think, is it right to grout the edges, as if the wooden skirting swells there won't be any give at the edges so it will push onto the tiles.

Second question... I'm about to re-tile our own bathroom at home. It's currently tiled and the bath takes up the full space wall to wall lengthways. I'm mindful that if I take the existing tiles off then the plaster behind might come with it. The general advice appears to be to dot and dab new plasterboard onto the wall if old plaster has come away, but I'm worried about depths, would dot and dab plasterboard have a greater depth than the existing plaster? As if it does, it's going to overhang the bath...

Thanks for your time and help, Much Appreciated, Tom

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
You must be logged in to see the message.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
You must be logged in to see the message.

Reply to Grouting Floors + Dot & Dab in the Tiling Forum | Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

Tiling Forum

Get free wall and floor tiling advice from TilersForums.com's Tiling Forum. Both DIY and professional wall and floor tilers use this forum to make sure their tiling is spot on.

New Threads (Sitewide)

Mapei Tile Adhesive - Official forum sponsor
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks

Use TilersForums.com to find Tiling Jobs or your Local Tilers for free. Get tiling tools at the best prices via the forum.