Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Grouting a Victorian Floor in the Adhesive and Grout area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

Duncan

TF
Reaction score
Please checkout the following advertisement.
Hi,

I've just laid my first Victorian (Original Style) floor and I'm about to grout it, I was just wondering if there is anything I should watch out for with the grouting or is it straight forward?

Cheers
Duncan

O

Old Mod

Hi and welcome to the forum Duncan.

If you follow this LINK to our resource page, you can download Original Styles Victorian tile fixing guide.

Personally I seal them before grouting, prevents staining on the lighter colours.

And if you can find 10 mins, be kool if you could introduce yourself in the WELCOME FORUM and tell us a little about yourself, that way we can determine what level of advice to give, should you need it of course. :)

OP
D

Duncan

TF
Reaction score
Thanks, I was planning on using Flex Joint Premium grey
I've sealed the tiles too, I didn't drown them but I gave the tops 2 coats
I'll go over and do an intro soon

Cheers
Duncan

OP
D

Duncan

TF
Reaction score
Hi All,
So I grouted the floor yesterday and it all went well.
How long should I wait before sealing it?
The grout bag is saying fully dry it 24 hours, that seems like a long time

Cheers
Duncan

T

Time's Ran Out

For me you will need to clean the grout residue off in 24 hours, when really clean wait at least 2 days then seal.

OP
D

Duncan

TF
Reaction score
His John,
Sorry for the perceived lack of gratitude in my response, it was just that I was surprised that I needed to wait so long.
Still it was unforgivable to not say thanks
Anyway thanks a lot for the advice and the speed given. I'm following it as I type
Much appreciated thanks
Duncan

T

Time's Ran Out

It could still frame the edges of the tiles through the joint grout. If your using one of the modern dust pressed tiles they accept moisture to a % so it's not worth the risk IMHO. Ardex C2 grey for me.

Reply to Grouting a Victorian Floor in the Adhesive and Grout area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
05jtaylor
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock