Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Grout Sealer? in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

Reaction score
Please checkout the following advertisement.
Just finished tile and grouting an en-suite shower room (used Mapei Anti Mould Flexible Tile Grout). Says on the pack that it is water repellent, but what's the current thinking about sealing the grout? Is it still worth doing, and if so, which sealer do people recommend (I've tried to get hold of Mapei's Ultracare Grout Sealer, but struggling to find it anywhere)?

OP
A
Reaction score
You can get an aerosol sealer. Spray on and wipe from tiles.
Hi Dave.
Thanks for your prompt reply. I should have given more detail in my first post - I want to apply the sealer by brush rather than spray, to avoid having to tape off surrounding fixtures, breathing the stuff in, etc. Not too bothered if it takes longer to do the job. I've come across the following products: 1) HG Super Protector For Protecting Wall and Floor Grout, 2) LTP Wall & Floor Grout Protector. Would either be suitable, or are there other products that are recommended?

Dave

TF
Staff member
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Hi Dave.
Thanks for your prompt reply. I should have given more detail in my first post - I want to apply the sealer by brush rather than spray, to avoid having to tape off surrounding fixtures, breathing the stuff in, etc. Not too bothered if it takes longer to do the job. I've come across the following products: 1) HG Super Protector For Protecting Wall and Floor Grout, 2) LTP Wall & Floor Grout Protector. Would either be suitable, or are there other products that are recommended?
That’s ok as well. Thats how i did mine. I just used Lithofin stain stop.

Kevbos

Arms
Reaction score
Just finished tile and grouting an en-suite shower room (used Mapei Anti Mould Flexible Tile Grout). Says on the pack that it is water repellent, but what's the current thinking about sealing the grout? Is it still worth doing, and if so, which sealer do people recommend (I've tried to get hold of Mapei's Ultracare Grout Sealer, but struggling to find it anywhere)?
I recommend raking out and regrouting if you think the waterproof grout needs waterproofing or sealing ! That grout is about as strong as it gets other than going epoxy route !!

OP
A
Reaction score
I recommend raking out and regrouting if you think the waterproof grout needs waterproofing or sealing ! That grout is about as strong as it gets other than going epoxy route !!
Thanks for your reply but, just to clarify, I've only just completed the grouting and would like to keep it looking good as long as possible. It's just that I can't decide whether I even need to seal the grout, as it says it is already water repellent, so I was looking for feedback from others who may have used Mapei's Anti Mould Flexible Tile Grout. I take it from your reply that I'd be wasting my time and money?

Dave

TF
Staff member
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Thanks for your reply but, just to clarify, I've only just completed the grouting and would like to keep it looking good as long as possible. It's just that I can't decide whether I even need to seal the grout, as it says it is already water repellent, so I was looking for feedback from others who may have used Mapei's Anti Mould Flexible Tile Grout. I take it from your reply that I'd be wasting my time and money?
It has water repel properties but will still wet up with constant wetting. A sealer will not hurt it.

Reply to Grout Sealer? in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
sj1709
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock