Discuss Grout problems. in the America area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Reaction score
Hi guys. Recently had a problem with grout having to rake out 3 bathrooms worth today. The grout has dried hard with but when wet can be scrubbed and the pigments come off on the cloth. Has anyone ever had similar problems. Don’t want to Name and shame the grout. Probably used it over 100 times in the last few years(light grey colours). White has gone rock hard

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hi yes I have the same issues, 18months ago I used this grout, in a holiday let , didn't notice the issues until this month, everything behind was ruined, so I had to remove tiles and re board and re tile, spoke to the tech rep, he said I didn't mix the grout properly, so stupidly I used this grout again only this time I weighed it measured the water, mixed it ,timed it and guess what the grout has done the same thing again, I ask another tiler about this and he said that this only ever happened to him once in his whole career and it was with this grout, so tomorrow I will be on to the rep and company to sort this out, it's already cost me 2k in materials and 2k in labor and now I have to do it again, stay away from this product

Reply to Grout problems. in the America area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

Replies you've not seen

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Matthew77
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks