Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Grout Or Silicone Up To Tile Trim? in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

B

bogstandard

Please checkout the following advertisement.
A quick question please.....Do I use silicone or grout on the joints between tile and aluminium L shaped trim around my window reveals and external corners. I imagine the joint wont move when grouted both sides but would like to know best practice. I've seen both silicone and grout used......Thanks in advance :)

OP
B

bogstandard

Thanks all..... May go for grout ;)

Would I use grout up to the new PVC windows too as They shouldn't move. A lot of questions, thanks for your advice :)

OP
B

bogstandard

Thanks I've got the fugi kit....Not tried it yet. I'm guessing its best to keep the joint grout free before siliconing as with corners and around the bath? If so it will be "fun" as the "pro tiler" who did part of the job made a pigs ear of the cuts and left me with a gap up to 7mm in one place.
As I have this problem could I grout first then silicone a fine colour matched bead over the grout to the window. I don't fancy a fat silicone bead if possible. Many thanks :)

Reply to Grout Or Silicone Up To Tile Trim? in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmcdon47
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock