Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Grout or sealant in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

hjb333

-
Reaction score
Please checkout the following advertisement.
Hi

I am nearing end of my bathroom renovation and wanted to know what is best, before the guy applies the finishing touches tomorrow. Grout or sealant for these areas?

Photo A - between tile and doorframe facing ( I would say grout?)
Photo B - top right corner (I would say grout?)
Photo C - down side of door frame between tile and wood (I would say grout?)
Photo D - Red Line (I would say grout?) Blue Line (Sealant?)
Photo E - Floor and wall tile meets (I would say grout?)

The reason I ask is that he finished grouting today and doing sealant tomorrow, the main sealant parts I know, round the bath, corner of the walls either end of bath, around PVC cladding ceiling. I just think most of the about is Grout and cant understand why it hasnt been grouted unless I am wrong?

Thanks

Attachments

• A.jpg
    A.jpg
    233.4 KB · Views: 10
  • B.jpg
    B.jpg
    236.5 KB · Views: 10
  • C.jpg
    C.jpg
    252.4 KB · Views: 11
  • D.jpg
    D.jpg
    249 KB · Views: 11
  • E.jpg
    E.jpg
    360.7 KB · Views: 10
OP
H

hjb333

-
Reaction score
That's interesting, I was basing my thoughts on how my last bathroom was done.

Between architrave and tile was grout, and where wall and floor tile meets also grout.

Photo D was a guess but was toying with listing sealant for both sections, as makes sense.

So basically all answers are Sealant to my list. 🤣

Dave

TF
Staff member
Arms
Esteemed
Reaction score
:)
Silicone all internal corners and where tiles meet architrave
That's interesting, I was basing my thoughts on how my last bathroom was done.

Between architrave and tile was grout, and where wall and floor tile meets also grout.

Photo D was a guess but was toying with listing sealant for both sections, as makes sense.

So basically all answers are Sealant to my list. 🤣
Any joint that can expand, ie’ against a solid surface is an expansion joint in sense, so all internal corners, be them wall or floor transitions and door and window frames.

OP
H

hjb333

-
Reaction score
Oh and to confuse it more 😁. Tile to ceiling, some use flexi caulk as it can be painted.
It may have been this used in my last bathroom around the architrave and tile, it was either grout or something close too it.

I shall not interfere tomorrow and let him crack on with the sealant.

Reply to Grout or sealant in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
BIG_AL
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock