Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Grout haze over walls and floor. in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

Pritch

TF
Reaction score
Please checkout the following advertisement.
Hi
I've just finished grouting my porcelain tiles with a grey grout. I gave them a good sponge over but now they're drying there's grey haze over the tile.
Do I just wait for the grout to dry then go over with sponge and water again or do I need some kind of acid based product?
Thanks

O

On one

If it is obvious that grout haze is going to be a problem(Probably is by the time you have read this) I would just leave the floor alone. The more you go over it,the more grout you will wash out of the joints.
Leave the floor until tomorrow morning,give Lithofin Tech Dept a ring and they will sort you out for what you need to do.
This info is very dependant on your situation though.......walls,floors,risk of acid etching surrounding fittings,type of grout???? and so on. So a bit more info required.

itstony

TF
Reaction score
Hate to be negative, but I had this issue with porcelain floor tiles.
Tiles were lightish wood affect, used a "Tobacco" colour grout. Grouted the 4mx4m room and then cleaned off. The grout left a haze which turned out to be a stain.
Hit it with all I could plus advice and the room is the same, no better.
Faced with the rest house to do on that level.
After grouting 1mm joints the grout was removed much quicker and frequently. It worked and proved the grout was staining.

O

On one

Butech colorstuk .
I spent another two hours hours scrubbing away and I was still left with a haze so I bought some acid based cleaner from tops tiles and it worked a treat.
Anybody in the know,know if Butech grout is manufactured by a third party?

O

On one

I thought,but didn't want to say out loud.
Similar characteristics and similar problems with textured tiles?

Reply to Grout haze over walls and floor. in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmcdon47
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock