Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Grout for a newbie, 23x40 tiles, & layout in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

Reaction score
Please checkout the following advertisement.
delurks

Hi,
My late mother did an 'interesting' tile job, and I now want to make it look a little more finished.
There's pics on this thread: Bathroom with peach suite - colour scheme to update please? - https://www.houzz.co.uk/discussions/5265640/bathroom-with-peach-suite-colour-scheme-to-update-please
(though the suite is actually cream)

https://www.tilersforums.com/forums/tile-adhesive/ - I've read your comments on the Keracoll Biogel and that sounds simple enough to use, as long as it'll work with stone/quartz mosaics on a plastic backing?

Grout - I had decided on the Tilemaster 3000 in white but I've read the threads saying that it's now rapid setting.
I am not a fast worker - I will need to stand back and figure things out - plus the mosaics will need a bit of fussing.
I'm also planning on regrouting some areas of the existing tiles.
Which is a decent, newbie-level grout please?

Mosaics - The ceramic tile edges are bare, showing biscuit and look unfinished. I found some mosaics which I can cut down to use as trim and in sheets in awkward places like behind the loo and sink (I don't have a proper cutter). Does this sound OK please?

23x40 tiles - the tiles she used were either Dommo Marfil or Jasper R40 in Cream from Azteca Ceramica, which went bust a while ago.
I've found some Jasper (light) Grey ones on offer. Not entirely convinced they will go, but at least the grout lines will match up, and the mosaics will sit between the two. (There's a plan on the above link.)
If this sounds like it'll look dated or too fussy, please let me know. You all know more about tile styles than I do. (I'd love to do a total bathroom refurb with larger tiles, but I just don't have the money.)

I think that's about it. Grout is the main thing, but advice regarding potential c*ckups is always appreciated. :flushed:

OP
dottigirl
Reaction score
Slight change of plan - cost of delivery for Biogel looks prohibitive, plus I really don't need that much. Need something suitable for quartzite mosaics and ceramic tiles.

Last edited:

Reply to Grout for a newbie, 23x40 tiles, & layout in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
BIG_AL
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock