Discuss Grout cracking, corner of tile bebonded in the America area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Reaction score
Last Dec tiled a small conservatory (13m) with 600mm porcelain tiles. Prior to tiling another contractor had laid wire type underfloor heating and gone over it with leveller. I believe the thin insulation sheets were installed as well. Last week I was called back as one 6 inch length of joint had the grout cracked an loose. I explained there might have been some movement or settlement in the surface I was given to tile on to.

Yesterday called back again, some furniture moved revealing cracks along joints in one corner of the room and the corner of one tile has sprung up. All tiles / floor keyed in with adhesive before laying adhesive. Some of the grout lines have a .5mm gap between the grout and tile. Is this a sign that the under floor heating / insulation was laid incorrectly? I do remember when I quoted that there was some kind of damp problem affecting the floor, part of the reason why I refused to take on fitting of the under floor heating. The grout doesn't look dark / wet though. Used Topps rapid set flexi white which I've used for years without any problems as well as Selco Dunlop grout, also used for a few years now without any problems.

I took a couple of pictures but sods law, my laptop is refusing to recognize my camera, which is why there's a gap between posting my welcome intro and posting this.

Reply to Grout cracking, corner of tile bebonded in the America area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Matthew77
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks