Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Grout 3000 leaching dye. in the Adhesive and Grout area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

OP
Beyond the blue
Reaction score
Please checkout the following advertisement.
Also did you mix twice? I used Grout 3000 charcoal today with no issues
Mixed it well bearing in mind it goes off so quickly. You say you used it "today" with no issues but my problem was days later, hope yours is OK.

Q

Qwerty

Only time will tell but I very much doubt it. I had no colour issues when mixing. Everything was uniform and as it should be.

Did you use a mechanical mixer to knock it up?
Any photos of your issue as I'm sure @Glynn (Tilemaster) would like to try and help

OP
Beyond the blue
Reaction score
Just had this reply from Tilemaster

Thank you for your email.

I have known this happen a few times with grouts, not only Grout 3000 but products made by other manufacturers. Essentially all it is, is some loose laitance / contaminant left on the face of the grout that wasn't removed during the washing off phase. As the running water hits the face of the grout, the loose particles run off with the water. This will certainly stop once the contaminants on the surface have either been fully removed by the water, or equally if you were to rub along the joints with a slightly coarse pad, such as a washing up sponge, this will remove the very slight film left on the surface of the grout.

We shall see what we shall see!

judge

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Love the new 3000. Can use it on floors now.the older 3000 took too long to go off in my opinon

Reply to Grout 3000 leaching dye. in the Adhesive and Grout area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
flooringdemand
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock