Discuss Grout 3000 leaching dye. in the Adhesive and Grout area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Reaction score
I've just used Tilemaster grout 3000 (natural grey) on the walls and floor of my own wetroom install. I left it for 3 days before sealing it and another 2 days before using it. After use it is leaching black dye quite badly, is this normal and will it eventually stop? I have asked Tilemaster for their opinion but not had a reply yet but hopefully they will.

D

Dumbo

Sounds similar to a problem that was had with bal ebony grout .
What are the tiles ?

D

Dumbo

I dont know grout 3000 says but did you mix by hand or with a whisk , did you use the correct amount of water ,

D

Dumbo

The reason i ask about the water is that bal problem was It dried to quick so want hydrated for long enough so every time it got wet it leached . Their answer was spray the joints with water then cover in plastic to keep them wet . Can't remember precise details .

O

One Day

I've used loads and loads of Natural grey 3000 (very good colour) and had zero issues with it.
At first thought it does sound like poor mixing but Tilemaster support their products well and I'm sure they'll help out.

Q

Qwerty

I did today. It was stressful but luckily I had been given the heads up. Would be a nightmare in the hot summer but I will mix up in smaller quantities

Reply to Grout 3000 leaching dye. in the Adhesive and Grout area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Northern Tiler
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks