Discuss Good or bad? in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

J

J Sid

I am pretty sure the lights were the last thing to go in.
[automerge]1578936313[/automerge]

I don’t think so. They used their own spotlight thing when they were tiling.
There's the problem then 😢
B. S. says they should be in and working before tiling is started to avoid this sort of thing. A spot light is no good.
I come up against this far to often, bloody sparks can't be bothered to do them.
Tiler should of not done it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Paulg83

TF
Reaction score
Awful that you've had to go through this twice, get the bathroom company back in and ask them if they think it's acceptable.

Reaction score
Either those metro tiles have a really pronounced bevel or the down lights are really close to the wall. Have seen the same with under wall unit lights in kitchen. Every tile has to be 100% or the slightest variation will stand out.

widler

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Can’t believe you are all blaming the lights :) :) has someone on here done it and you are all sticking uo for him ?
yes the lighting makes it look worse, but itsa rubbish tiling job, end if

J

J Sid

Welcome back Craig
Only a fool would tile without the finished lighting being in. I understand a plasterer wouldn't as there is always another trade to cover in perfect finish😳😁

Brian the Tile

TF
Arms
Reaction score
No matter how good a Tiler you are them lights will make it look bad ,but having said that yes i agree its a rubbish tiling job apart from the lights

widler

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Come on lads, so every bathroom u have tiled in all your years have had spot lights in the ceiling ? If the answer is yes , you are either
A talking bull
B been tiling a week
;)
[automerge]1579078287[/automerge]
Ps the lighting makes a bad job look worse i do admit,even a plasteter can see thst

D

Dumbo

I
Come on lads, so every bathroom u have tiled in all your years have had spot lights in the ceiling ? If the answer is yes , you are either
A talking bull
B been tiling a week
;)
[automerge]1579078287[/automerge]
Ps the lighting makes a bad job look worse i do admit,even a plasteter can see thst
The positioning of those lights and the shadows they will cast even if the job is perfect and all the shadows are even it's still going to look crap now matter how well it's been done .

Reply to Good or bad? in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finias Coroama
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks