Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss God bless the levelling sysyem in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

F

Flintstone

Please checkout the following advertisement.
The best invention in the tile world since I've been on the tools! Do we have any none clippers on here ?

OP
D

Dumbo

Got to agree with you there , everything else I use has been around in one form or another.

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Me....
I'm a clip virgin.
Although I have a rectified 600x 600 job coming up so may have to bite the bullet !
So would be grateful of some recommendations...

Boggs

TF
Arms
Esteemed
Reaction score
Me....
I'm a clip virgin.
Although I have a rectified 600x 600 job coming up so may have to bite the bullet !
So would be grateful of some recommendations...

Cheap ones on eBay, like these.

5C83B7BD-B544-48B9-B66E-603582272BEC.jpeg

OP
F

Flintstone

1.5mm width, and use a 2 or 3mm spacer rather than using the clip as a spacer. The pliers, get some yes see how you go

Tony_C

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
1.5mm width, and use a 2 or 3mm spacer rather than using the clip as a spacer. The pliers, get some yes see how you go

Ditto, I use 1mm Schmox with my own spacers, I tried using 2/3mm without spacers but they sometimes vary in width slightly so can knock it. I just tighten by hand though but i do mean to get the pliers but keep postponing it.

Also another tip @Andy Allen is to push the wedge and clip in towards the tile your butting up to as you can knock the spacing out pushing the other way as the tile may move slightly

Last edited:

Tony_C

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
I personally wouldn't do that Al as i would like to see the spacing is correct where all 4 are meeting as it may move slightly but others may say different. I'd also have a fear of a corner chipping off when you knock them out, make sure you knock them out in the same direction as the grout line. You can loosen the wedge back out again though with a little wiggling if they do move. Buy a white rubber mallet or use a black one wrapped in masking tape to stop the tiles being marked.

Reply to God bless the levelling sysyem in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
BIG_AL
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock