Discuss glue for underfloorheating in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

U

Unregistered

I have a large area to tile in my new house where we will have underfloor heating. I have been quoted a price for flexible glue, recomended for the job. This glue is a lot more expensive than the 'standard' glue.
I would like to safe some money and I have heard of additives that can make the standard glue flexible. Would this be as good as the recomended product (but just a bit more hassle when mixing the glue) or should I stick with what the tileshop is trying to sell me.
Has anyone any experience with this?
Thanks

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi and welcome to tilersforums.

You can either use and additive for standard adhesives or use the already modified adhesive, either is as good as the other, the flexible adhesive will be easier to apply though and I think you will find they work out about the same price once taking in to account the quantity needed to make a normal adhesive flexible.

I'd stick to the right stuff. It's what's recommended and it's for your heated floor, you don't want to scrimp and save in this area.

T

trevortine

I use bal rapidsetflexi on ufh admin and usually a bit of admix for good measure, i know its not essential but i tiled my own kitchen with this method then when the wife insisted we changed it you should have seen the bother trying to lift them! Nearly every tile had a skin of plywood welded on to it:rolleyes:

Reply to glue for underfloorheating in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
po-tay-toes
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks