Discuss glitter grout in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

R

Rav daniels

hi guys,

just got a job, customer has got 600 x 400 porcelein tiles(white), firstly they want black grout(done this a few times now, never nice) but they want gold flecks in the grout, i have seen them in small bags in the local tile store looks like glitter in a clear bag think they are by mapei.
was wondering if anyone has used it before, i will go in tommorrow and read all the instructions, but any advice,tips would be greatly appreciated as i am a bit nervous about this one.

L

Leatherface

Hi mate,
wish I could help, never used it before, good luck. Let us know how you go on!

R

rob

Do your very best to try and persuade them from not using black grout with white tiles!! (mind you not so bad with large tiles). What area is it for bathroom, kitchen.....?
I have not seen or used the glitter stuff, would love to see some photos once you have done the job.

L

Leatherface

hi guys,

just got a job, customer has got 600 x 400 porcelein tiles(white), firstly they want black grout(done this a few times now, never nice) but they want gold flecks in the grout, i have seen them in small bags in the local tile store looks like glitter in a clear bag think they are by mapei.
was wondering if anyone has used it before, i will go in tommorrow and read all the instructions, but any advice,tips would be greatly appreciated as i am a bit nervous about this one.

Hi mate, just to add...
Make sure that these porcelain tiles need sealing or not ?
If polished then they do !
using black grout on un-sealed white polished porcelain could have unpleasant results !!

R

rob

Hi mate, just to add...
using black grout on un-sealed white polished porcelain could have unpleasant results !!

Yep...... good point. might end up with grey tiles looking like London sky on a 'so called' nice day! :hurray:

R

Rav daniels

Thanks guys,
they are polished, and will be sealed, used them before with black grout(very time consuming) not worried about that though, will just take lots of time and attention,,,Was more worried about these specks sticking together and looking a mess, by the way its a kitchen floor 12 2m, i will keep you posted, cheers

F

faithhealer

Hi mate, just to add...
The devils grout on white tiles!!!! ooohhhh, disaster in the making

D

DHTiling

There's some pics on here somewhere with mapei glitter grout.....i will see if i can find it for you...

R

Rav daniels

thanks for that dave
has put my mind at rest, looks really good on the pics, think it will stand out even more in my particular case and look special(looking forward to it now,lol) will try and get some pics of the end result, cheers

D

david campbell

cheers dave! my mrs wants this done through our hall and kitchen with a quartz or granite tile,and have been giving the idea a body swerve but it actually looks quite smart!someting to ponder!

Reply to glitter grout in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Midland Commercial
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks