Discuss GGBS in Cement Based Tiles Adhesives? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

J

Johnerr

Hi,

I'm interested in the problem of ettringite formation on Calcium Sulphate floor screeds when in contact with cement based tile adhesives. I work for a GGBS, Ground Granulate Blastfurnace Slag, producer in Ireland and our product works exceptionally well in mitigating sulphate attack (ettringite formation being one) in concrete. I'm wondering has anybody come across GGBS in cement based tile adhesives, I believe our product could work very well in this area any may possibly remove the need for a sealer/primer when using calcium sulphate floor screeds and cement based tile adhesives and possibly open up the use of calcium sulphate screeds in wet rooms.

Regards,
John

J

Johnerr

:thumbsup: Thanks for the welcome Mike. It started way over my head but its coming closer to my horizon slowly but surely.

D

doug boardley

welcome John, one of our members is an expert in the field of anhydrite screeds (Ajax123). I'm sure he could advise you on this:thumbsup:

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Hi John

One of the issues I have come across when GGBS and PFA are used in contact with Calcium Sulphate is polysulphide attack which disrupts the screed expansively and very aggressively. It is quite a rare reaction and where I have seen it it has been associated with concrete blocks in block and beam floor systems where there is no divorcement of the screed from the blocks.
If you are serious about looking at this PM me and I will be abe to discuss it with you. I was on a site today where there has been an issue with the adhesive and I felt that there might have been GGBS in the adhesive but I was unable to ascertain the brand or manufacturer.

J

Johnerr

Thanks all, seems I've found my man. PM sent Ajax123. I'll revert to the forum with my findings. :thumbsup:

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Johnerr - I did not get your PM - you can try again or send me an e-mail to [email protected] i you like.

Reply to GGBS in Cement Based Tiles Adhesives? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Midland Commercial
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks