Discuss Genisis 1200 single rail cutter... in the America area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

R

Rich

I am a Rubi man but I bought myself the Genesis 1200 single rail tile cutter a while ago after a day with the rep. He had demonstrated cutting a very large format tile and the cut was as neat as any manual cutter I have seen and the breaking power is very impressive. It is not a cutter I use often due to its size but it was a fraction of the price of the Rubi of the same size. I have maybe used it 10 times in around 12 months.

Genesis.jpg

My verdict after using it on a few different materials is that I should have spent the money and git the Rubi, I kick myself for ever questioning it. The breaking power is very impressive and the cut very neat but it is SOOO unbelievably inaccurate I can not understand how they can sell it as a professional tiling tool. Over a 600mm cut, pencil market on either edge and set up in line with the scoring wheel the cut goes out by 5mm as there is a huge amount of play in the sliding mechanism. I have been in touch with the rep but he doesnt want to know.

So If you are after a cutter for cutting large format tiles that are going to have the cut edge covered and you are not going to be using it to often then this is a good price and a good cutting Machine. If however you are looking for a professional tile cutter for cutting large format tiles accurately, this is not the cutter for you.

If anybody would like to add any views on the cutter (without starting the "which cutter" dispute), good or bad, I would be interested in what you think :thumbsup:

T

The Legend; Phil Hobson RIP

Hi Rich, I bought a Genesis 600 twin rail rip off of a Rubi last year, after loosing my TS600, I used it once then gave it to a new member of TF, cost me £70.00 but I just went back to Rubi, pretty DIY imo ( Genesis, not Rubi):lol:

Reply to Genisis 1200 single rail cutter... in the America area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Matthew77
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks