Discuss General advice on adhesive and grout in the America area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Toby11

-
Reaction score
Thank you for looking.

I am about to tile the floors and walls of a small bathroom. I am using 450mm x 450mm ceramic tiles. The floor will have a heat mat on hardiebacker. I know I need a flexible adhesive, the choice is bewildering. Can anybody give advice onto the best make, Bal rapid fibre flex in white? ( tiles are white marble effect ). Also looking at grouting floor with light grey grout again is Bal the best choice of make - keep it all Bal?

Any advice gratefully received - don't mind mixing different makes of adhesive or grout to get the best results?

Reaction score
Thank you for looking.

I am about to tile the floors and walls of a small bathroom. I am using 450mm x 450mm ceramic tiles. The floor will have a heat mat on hardiebacker. I know I need a flexible adhesive, the choice is bewildering. Can anybody give advice onto the best make, Bal rapid fibre flex in white? ( tiles are white marble effect ). Also looking at grouting floor with light grey grout again is Bal the best choice of make - keep it all

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hi,
It is bewildering the amount of choice and every professional tiler has their own preference. I’m assuming you’re not a professional to you’ll want to go for a standard setting adhesive. My personal preference is tilemaster then after that I use Ultra. The Tilemaster Grout 3000 is really easy to work with and doesn’t go off too fast like other brands. A couple of links below to the products I use these guys also do next day delivery before 10am and they’re really well priced.

Tilemaster Setaflex White Adhesive

Light Grey Grout 3000

Reply to General advice on adhesive and grout in the America area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Matthew77
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks