Discuss Gap floor tile to wall in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Reaction score
In the bathroom next to the tub, the baseboard was particle board and swollen from water exposure. Took off the baseboard to reveal this damage and how the tiler didn’t tile all the way to the wall. Done with wood so want to do a tile baseboard... but do you have any ideas what to do with that gap???

Plan on replacing drywall. Can even place something on the floor to bring it up to tile level. But I only have one spare floor tile. And after tiling a baseboard, there would still be about 3/4” gap between the two.

Any ideas so it won’t look terrible???

Attachments

• E08764C6-16D8-46D9-A97E-BDEE321CCFE9.jpeg
    131.1 KB · Views: 43
Reaction score
Know we use different terms each side of the pond. But from your post I think you are trying to say that the tiling was originally down to the skirting board (baseboard) which was MDF (partial board). Which swelled up due to it being so porous. So now you wish to have a tiled baseboard (skirting) but the issue is the the original tiler tiled up to the baseboards also. The problem being the gap as the tiles will be thinner? If you wanted a tiled baseboard the only option I could think of would be a 20mm external (0.78 inch) plank tile?

Reply to Gap floor tile to wall in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finias Coroama
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks