Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Full wall,half wall tiled with Metro's... in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Please checkout the following advertisement.
Take a look at my excellent drawing...:rolleyes:
I need to tile one full wall, and the wall at 90 degree just half tiled.
Need to trim the full wall to the ceiling, and trim the half wall, I hate seeing the double trim next to each other, so thought I might mitre the corner and trim above.
Anyone done this, any pics....??
Not sure what it would look like.

IMG_20190315_103306.jpg

S

Spare Tool

So that's an external corner then...you could tile the half wall and trim the top, tile full wall up to half wall height with a trim slotted in up the corner, then step the trim back for the rest of courses up to ceiling..

F

Flintstone

I know this situation, how I deal with it is to tile the full wall first but only to half way with no trim, then tile above that with a trim on, then tile the half wall with a trim on the edge and top, if that makes sense. There is a step on the full height wall but it's the best way I've found

W

Waluigi

Yep, that’s the way I’d do it too (Localtiler)

If I’m understanding correctly, the top half of the fully tiled wall will have trim. Finished pretty much flush with the edge of the wall.

The half tiled wall will then have trim facing the other way on the vertical edge/corner and on the top horizontal edge. I’d probably bend a piece of trim in if there’s enough length there.

S

Spare Tool

Similar to mine, but if you tile the half wall first the trim can go in same all the way up the full height wall instead of having to reverse it, just has a small step back in it..

Reply to Full wall,half wall tiled with Metro's... in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
flooringdemand
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock