Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Free National Wet Room Seminars in the Tiling News; Tile News area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

Attachments

• N&C Wet Room Seminar.pdf
    917.1 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
OP
Nicobond
Reaction score
Thanks for sharing, just had a look at the video. PVA the timber was mentioned?

Thanks for commenting.

Although plastic ply is a stand alone system, it also forms part of the N&C wet room system when installed on a timber floor.

I’ve attached a copy of our method statement. UBAS dilution is 1:4. Hope this helps

Attachments

• Wetroom Tanking Method Statement using N&C Plastic Ply onto Timber substrates.pdf
    658.8 KB · Views: 4
  • Tiling to Timber Floors.pdf
    133.3 KB · Views: 3
OP
Nicobond
Reaction score
Was pva mentioned as plastic ply was being used??

Our Nicobond Technical Wet Room Trainer, Shaun was answering an attendee but the video may be a little out of context so we’ll edit that part so not to cause any confusion. We recommend UBAS. Shaun mentioned to our attendee that primer was also fine.

The glue on the plastic ply will increase in bond strength the longer it is stuck down. It does not need the PVA to do this.

The UBAS is purely there to catch any loose fines and particles that may hamper the full bond of the plastic ply to the timber. I hope that helps?

Reply to Free National Wet Room Seminars in the Tiling News; Tile News area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
05jtaylor
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock