Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Footwear !! in the Tiling News; Tile News area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

Please checkout the following advertisement.
what do you guys recommend footwear for work bought some cheap boots from sports direct

but me feet are killing me everytime I take em off can anyone recommend anything more comfy

cheers :thumbsup:

P

Peter

Only wear boots on site. For domestic I prefer trainers. Usually buy a £15 pair from Sports Direct every few months. Tried expensive trainers that don't wear any better, but the less stitching round the crease of the toe the better as this is where they always seem to burst. Gone through so many pairs that I have a 6th sense of which styles will last longest.

Don't like steel toes as they're uncomfortable if you're on your knees all day and once the steel is exposed you run the risk of scoring tiles etc

P

Pebbs

My Caterpiller Steel Toe Caps, rock, but its like having lead weights on my feet. For those of you saying you wear trainers, bear this in mind, one of my lads wore trainers (before the h&s days) dropped a piece of stone on his foot and lost two toes....took him nearly a year to learn how to walk again! SO THINK ON!

Lynn

W

White Room

New a sparky who was'nt wearing safety boots, dropped an heavy metal object on his foot but did'nt realise he had Diabetes which led to him losing some toes.

He eventually lost the rest of his lower left leg below the knee, he admitted he had been to lazy to put his safety boots on which was in his van 20 feet away.

B

Bubblecraft

That's pretty nasty Mark. Amazing how something so trivial can mess up the rest of your life. I'll always were PPE just to be safe. Goggles when grinding, masks for insulation & wear my Redbacks & these gloves all day
a7apytas.jpg

Ajax123

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Wen I started to work for Lafarge 10 years or so ago I went to my local h&s wear shop nd tried n several pairs of boots. I have changed jobs three times and have been given four pairs of boots. None of the replacements even come close to the old ones in terms of comfort. I still wear them now and they are apart from some wear and tear, still as good as new. I have screeded, laid concrete, dug trenches, laid bricks, laid footpaths and all sorts of other stuff both for work and personal wearing them. Don't know the make sadly so apart from extolling the virtues of my boots I am of no help whatso ever... :)

A

AMtek

riggers.jpg
I wear these for site or outside work with a pair of memory foam insoles. feet are always toasty!

Reply to Footwear !! in the Tiling News; Tile News area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmcdon47
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock