• Thanks for visiting TilersForums.com, the Tile Advice Forum. It's free to join if you'd like to register and ask a question should you not be able to search for your answers already. :)

Discuss Footwear !! in the General Chat Forum | Tilers Talk area at TilersForums.com

UK Pro Tiling Training
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members
The Wetroom Store - TilersForums.com Sponsor

peteablard

TF
Arms
Reactions
701 2
Trainers whenever I can! Have got some dewalt boots for site work, find them comfy if I'm stood up or wall tiling but when on my hands and knees they seem to hurt my toes, could do with a new pair too!!

Reactions
H&S all the way. You only have one pair of feet & if they don't work, you don't!

I wear Dickies Epsom boots

Padded Mesh Collar and Tongue
External Heel Support System
Breathable lining
Steel Toe-Cap to EN20345 (200 Joules)
Steel Midsole for Underfoot Protection
Cemented sole unit
Ergonomically designed

Really comfy boots & breathable!

Rookery

TF
Reactions
370 1
I find Nike Air trainers very comfortable, bought for holidays/casual wear then when they've gone slightly tatty I use them for work.

Reactions
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

John Benton

TF
Arms
Reactions
2,260 20
$(KGrHqJ,!r!F!-HEed(zBQWJ+l459g~~60_3.JPG

These are mine. Two pairs of laces as well, sounds daft but I seem to go through laces like I don't know what

John Benton

TF
Arms
Reactions
2,260 20
There's an old saying - Spend the biggest amount of money you can afford on your shoes and your bed. If you're not in one, you're in the other!!

Peter

TF
Reactions
Only wear boots on site. For domestic I prefer trainers. Usually buy a £15 pair from Sports Direct every few months. Tried expensive trainers that don't wear any better, but the less stitching round the crease of the toe the better as this is where they always seem to burst. Gone through so many pairs that I have a 6th sense of which styles will last longest.

Don't like steel toes as they're uncomfortable if you're on your knees all day and once the steel is exposed you run the risk of scoring tiles etc

Pebbs

TF
Reactions
My Caterpiller Steel Toe Caps, rock, but its like having lead weights on my feet. For those of you saying you wear trainers, bear this in mind, one of my lads wore trainers (before the h&s days) dropped a piece of stone on his foot and lost two toes....took him nearly a year to learn how to walk again! SO THINK ON!

Lynn

whitebeam

Staff member
Supporter
Arms
Reactions
2,912 3
New a sparky who was'nt wearing safety boots, dropped an heavy metal object on his foot but did'nt realise he had Diabetes which led to him losing some toes.

He eventually lost the rest of his lower left leg below the knee, he admitted he had been to lazy to put his safety boots on which was in his van 20 feet away.

Reactions
That's pretty nasty Mark. Amazing how something so trivial can mess up the rest of your life. I'll always were PPE just to be safe. Goggles when grinding, masks for insulation & wear my Redbacks & these gloves all day

Reply to Footwear !! in the General Chat Forum | Tilers Talk area at TilersForums.com

TileFix Direct
uHeat Official Forum Sponsor for Underfloor Heating (Electric and Wet)
Top Bottom

Use TilersForums.com to find Tiling Jobs or your Local Tilers for free. Get tiling tools at the best prices via the forum.