Discuss Foam Tile Backer Board Experiment. in the Tanking and Wetrooms Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

W

Waluigi

Some of you might remember the tile backer board experiment I started a few weeks ago.

It consisted of a thin piece of board inserted into a bottle of water to see if the cement broke down or changed shape in any way or if the bond between foam/cement came away.

There was no change at all in the cement coating.

838A466D-E05B-4056-9B68-47F78DC64C88.jpeg

59095573-256C-4C09-BF9B-BD1FA0656328.jpeg

W

Waluigi

No, it’s exactly the same thickness as it was before I put it in.

The cement coating is solid too. You can’t scrape it any easier than you could before the test started.

The whole thing is solid. Tested he compression strength too by trying to flatten it. obviously point loading is still bad but it always is on these boards.

O

One Day

Is that Delta board? I have had zero problems with Delta board, but I had Jackoboard problems before. Cement softened when wet and the fibreglass would pull off very easily. Could have been a one-off I guess.

W

Waluigi

I’ve no idea on the branding of this one. It’s known as a ‘trade board’ at my local shop. I also have some Marmox, Orbrey and Wedi I might test. I don’t have any Jacko I’m afraid.

This stuff has a slightly thicker cement coating on one side.

I still like these foam boards. They do have their disadvantages though.

D

Dumbo

I have had unbranded board from a ufh supplier that delaminated when left out in the weather . Not really sure if that is a fair test . But literally the cement fell away from the foam board . Consequently i will not use that board .

Reply to Foam Tile Backer Board Experiment. in the Tanking and Wetrooms Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Matthew77
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks