Discuss Florim 1600 x 1600 x 6mm floor. Spare tiles for sale. in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

O

Old Mod

This is a floor I completed couple of weeks ago along with the help of @Mark Frost
As title 1600 x 1600 x 6mm Florim concrete effect.
On sanded and primed anhydride screed, which was moisture tested twice over a period of 3 weeks.
Tilemaster Antifracture Mat installed with Anhyfix, and tiles fixed with Isomat’s AK25 S2 adhesive.

If anyone is interested, there are 5 pieces left over that the client wishes to sell.
Serious enquiries only please, whilst I’m sure you’ll get a bargain, it won’t be a cheap bargain. :D PM me for details.

42C47220-5FDA-48AE-A65B-EEFB2B514832.jpeg 4676AA0C-418E-4971-A5A1-08907C04CB2B.jpeg C6C33008-6F99-49EA-AC32-C4C368817710.jpeg 374FA8C3-BB81-404F-8F80-6FDEBC861F0A.jpeg

I actually plucked up the courage to use my Bosch GSL 2 on it afterward :) quietly pleased about the result.

626EDDF9-3CFD-4182-BBDC-BDF55E114C83.jpeg 44E8EE6B-70D5-460E-AAE8-76A484F039FD.jpeg

O

Old Mod

Screed was perfectly good.
I tend to lay all thin porcelain floors in S2 these days.

O

Old Mod

I'm supprised at that with it being rapid set.
I never use rapid set on thin tile, by the time you’ve mixed it and applied to both surfaces it’s already going off and you can’t get the movement in the tile to bed it in properly in my opinion.
AK25 is not a rapid setting S2 by our standards. It has a comfortable 3 hr pot life, the same as their 2 part MegaRapid, which is an excellent adhesive too.

O

Old Mod

You didn’t break any then.
Nice looking job.
Actually John, it was very straightforward by thin tile standards for a change :)
I can honestly say it was the easiest floor I’ve had to lay in some considerable time.
And thank you, appreciate that. :)

O

Old Mod

Another great looking job:handok::handok:
Cheers Andy.
It’s a shame, it’s not exactly awe inspiring, but if they’d had more area covered it would have looked special. It is a stunning piece. There’s just not enough there to show it at its best.

W

Waluigi

When do pictures ever do it justice?

Within a few years we will have proper 4K walkthroughs I imagine :)

Reply to Florim 1600 x 1600 x 6mm floor. Spare tiles for sale. in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finias Coroama
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks