Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Floor to wall transition advice in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

United States of America
Reaction score
Please checkout the following advertisement.
Hi

First time using the schluter shower lt. (Linear drain down the center)

The shower is 36" wide. So the outside edges are approx 1.25" thick and the middle is about 1" thick. Giving a very slight V shape when looking at the wall.

So now I'm unsure how to proceed on the floor wall transition with handling the slopes. Porcelain dark grey tile on the floor and a porcelain white tile on the wall. Both are roughly 3/8" with floor slightly thicker. Here are options so far:

1) have wall overlap floor which will leave an extra 1/4" gap at center line getting smaller at the ends.

2) tile wall right to bottom and then tile floor to wall. Since its 3/8" tile only gap will be between floor and wall which will be caulked.

3) schluter wholesaler said to use quadec along wall which would then when you tile floor to wall you would see a small amount of the aluminum. Then my other wall will be tiled normal with wall on top of floor tile.

Any advice on best way to proceed would be greatly appreciated. Hope I explained it well enough.

Thanks
Paul

D

Dumbo

I would tile the floor first , then tile the wall ,so let's say your wall tiles are 300mm high , have them so that the first grout line is no more than say 250 from the floor and cut your tiles at angle on the bottom to the same angle as the fall of the tray . You could increase the 250 number closer to 300 but it will be slightly trickier to cut off small amounts .

OP
P
Reaction score
Thank you. I did think of this just wasn't sure how visibly it would look as you would notice the angle with it being white tile on grey. I'll do it this way.

Regards
Paul

OP
P
Reaction score
Hard to see from picture. Middle where drain is is 1/4" lower that sides.

20190921_084020.jpg

Reply to Floor to wall transition advice in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmcdon47
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock