Discuss Floor tiling in the America area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Georgi

-
Reaction score
Hi guys, I need some advice here.
I'm pricing a job that requires tiling a floor over existing tiles. The existing tiles have started to crack and move in some places, and the floor looks uneven so it will require some levelling prior to tiling over. The customer doesn't want to remove the existing tiles because there is underfloor heating installed and it might be damaged if we start lifting the floor. The new tiles would be 900 x 900 porcelain. What type of self levelling would you recommend, or would you recommend to tile over the current tiles at all? Many thanks.

Reaction score
Potential issues in future if you over tile.
Also efficiency of under floor heating will reduce. Is the heating water fed or electric?
How it was originally installed would affect my decision as to method of old floor removal. Either way it needs to come up. Especially if you have loose and cracked areas.

Georgi

-
Reaction score
Potential issues in future if you over tile.
Also efficiency of under floor heating will reduce. Is the heating water fed or electric?
How it was originally installed would affect my decision as to method of old floor removal. Either way it needs to come up. Especially if you have loose and cracked areas.
It's water fed heating. I'm trying to figure out what's the best way to remove without damaging it. To be honest, I'm leaning towards not doing the job at all to avoid any complications...

Reaction score
:)If it is the case then you better use long level bar and make use of nylon string to make make a marker across the four sides of the floor.

Reply to Floor tiling in the America area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Matthew77
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks