Discuss Floor tiling alignment puzzle - help to solve in the America area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Chille

-
Reaction score
Not sure if you can provide some simple guidance here. Our kitchen extension project has hit a roadblock with this tiling issue. The tiler followed the lines of the existing floor tiles which unfortunately were a few degrees out lining up with the walls. The patio doors are straight however the tile line is now skewed leaving a 40m gap to the doors one side and an 80m gap the other side (see pics).

Is there a simple fix or recommendation here? Moving the doors would be a major job.

Thanks in advance! BBFBADDC-9108-417C-BDFA-73B76047A229.jpeg 9B48C670-CDCE-412B-9F8D-5E64BC0AA189.jpeg D1ED2C49-224A-4966-A17C-394678A316E2.jpeg

Last edited:
A

Alex21

The tiler should have set out properly. Poor setting out imho.
The original tiles were set out five years ago. The tiler just extended these in the extension so couldn’t change the line I don’t think

Cris

TF
Reaction score
that slab the tiles on looks a bit green, when was it layed......hope he used a membrane

A

Alex25

Ah right , didn’t read that way.
what you could so is install a pvc finishing trim.
thanks i'll check that out, we're relaying the patio with similar tiles so it runs inside to out, this might look a bit strange then.. maybe we just tile the small area and acceot it's not going to be perfect. annoying

Reaction score
Looking at the height of the required finish, and the lack of an anti fracture membrane over that dpm joint your tiler will need to put the cuts in, but the grout line will likely crack over time

Reply to Floor tiling alignment puzzle - help to solve in the America area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawz84
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks