Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Floor tiles dilemma??? in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

Ricky

TF
Reaction score
Please checkout the following advertisement.
Anyone with some advice would be much appreciated.

Around 4 years ago I had my hall and lounge tiled in shines porcelain floor tiles, wife don’t like the shiny finish any more as the upkeep is too much. How far would I have to go to change them.

I have originally taken up old floor boards as they were wrecked and replaced with 18mm plywood then tile matting then obviously tiled.

Would I have to go as far back as the ply wood and start again or would I get away with taking tiles up latex the matting and re-tile?

Also been looking at these new floorings they do now the tiles that are Lino style. Are these any good?

O

Old Mod

In all likelihood, removing the existing floor covering will damage what ever is below.
Ultimately you could easily end up starting over.

No idea on your second question I’m afraid.

OP
R

Ricky

TF
Reaction score
In all likelihood, removing the existing floor covering will damage what ever is below.
Ultimately you could easily end up starting over.

No idea on your second question I’m afraid.
I did assume I would have to start over just wondered if anyone has done it before.

O

Old Mod

Oh we’ll have done it at some point, and there’s no definitive answer I’m afraid.
Prepare for the worst, hope for the best. :)
But the mat will be shot, that’s for sure.

Reply to Floor tiles dilemma??? in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmcdon47
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock