Discuss Floor Tile Adhesive Alternatives in the Adhesive and Grout area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

mts1

TF
Reaction score
Can anbody advise if they have used the Instalay product from Instafloor which is a self-adhesive underlay that can also act as a uncoupling membrane and they say removes the need for wet adhesives. It's 2.5mm thick, thermal conductivity 0.043 m2K/W, so just under half a tog and compresses by around 8% (0.2 mm)

I have several area's (85m2) to install 4.7kg(24kg/m2) 10mm porcelain tiles on. The substrate is a Gypsum Calcium screed with underfloor heating that was installed several years ago.

The other option is to prime the floor and use something like Tilemaster Anhyfix.

Preference is to use something other than adhesive if possible.

B

Blunt Tool

Hi welcome! Never personally heard of this Instalay product but after watching the ceramic/porcelain tile installation video where if there is loose or uneven tiles just dab grout on back and refix does not fill me up with confidence as to how long tiles would be down unbroken for. Best advice I would recommend is to prepare floor and use proven materials that absolutely work, better still would be to get a good researched tiler in for the 85square metre floor and take away all the stress and have a floor that will last a lifetime

Reply to Floor Tile Adhesive Alternatives in the Adhesive and Grout area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Northern Tiler
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks