Discuss Floor preparation too low in the America area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

My tiling job has come to a standstill, please help.

The concrete floor was suppose to be raised to match the rest of the ground floor. We tried to raise it by mixing concrete.

Sadly it's about 30-40mm too low: we are 50mm from the ffl and so we need to account for the tile and adhesive and maybe some self-levelling.

I think it's not possible to pour more concrete on the other concrete plus you can pour concrete at only 40mm thick?

I have the option of just pouring slc at 40mm, but that's more money and a lot to mix? And the working time will be hard to follow? I read screed can't be mixed in a cement mixer so I. Really stuck.

The room is 4x4m.

Thanks

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    518 KB · Views: 23
  • 2.jpg
    687.4 KB · Views: 21
  • 3.jpg
    786 KB · Views: 18
  • 4.jpg
    579.7 KB · Views: 18
  • 5.jpg
    621.8 KB · Views: 23
  • 6.jpg
    611 KB · Views: 21
J

Jonathan 11

I would build it up with a sand / cement screed, but add in some SBR to the mix and prime the surface first with SBR / cement slurry to help it bond to the concrete.

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
40mm gypsol classic screed.

Reply to Floor preparation too low in the America area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Northern Tiler
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks