Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Floor Level under Go Board for Floor in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

United States of America
Reaction score
Please checkout the following advertisement.
I'm tile a small bathroom floor (8'x10') which is not level (1/2 low at the one end). I plan on using the TEC EZ floor level and then putting go-board on top of that. I'll thin-set the go-board in to the subfloor and leveled Tec EZ floor area. . When reading the go-Board for flooring application, they are also stating it should be screwed in every 8 inches. My concern is will the screwing into the Floor lever cause the floor lever to crack and break up over time. I know the level is almost like cement. Thanks in advance.

O

Old Mod

Hi and welcome to the forum Doug.

Can’t say I’m familiar with the products you’ve suggested, however, prep is prep typically.
In the uk you would normally use thinset only on a solid floor, and we would only add the extra mechanical fixings on a timber substrate just in case there is some deflection.
Check the installation pdf again, if it does indeed suggest the use of mechanical fixings on a solid floor, could you not glue and screw your boards first, then add the leveller?

OP
D
Reaction score
3_fall, Thank you for your response.

I thought about screwing the "GO-Board" down first (thinset of course to subfloor and screw as recommend by the manufacture), then use TEC EZ floor leveler on top of the Go-Board and Tile on that. I'm a pretty handy DYI and do most jobs myself, but I've never had to use a leveler before.

Albert

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
I'm tile a small bathroom floor (8'x10') which is not level (1/2 low at the one end). I plan on using the TEC EZ floor level and then putting go-board on top of that. I'll thin-set the go-board in to the subfloor and leveled Tec EZ floor area. . When reading the go-Board for flooring application, they are also stating it should be screwed in every 8 inches. My concern is will the screwing into the Floor lever cause the floor lever to crack and break up over time. I know the level is almost like cement. Thanks in advance.
Hi Doug and welcome to the forum.
you play a different game over there mate most of what you are saying will be hard to understand. We have different terms for what you are saying
I get the gist, I think.

O

Old Mod

Ok so Go-Board is an XPS style board, similar to wedi or Kerdi.
If you mechanically fix (screw) the board the day following the use of the TEC EZ floor, your leveller should still be soft enough to accept a screw inserted straight in to the leveller.
That’s information from a friend of mine who knows these products well.
Hope it helps and sets your mind to rest.

S

Spare Tool

So just to be clear is this a solid or wooden floor? Why's it need screwing down if it's solid, in that case though would level it first. Seems a bit cart before horse if it's wood, why wouldn't you level over after fitting the boards? Might even have to start messing about with screw lengths doing it after...

OP
D
Reaction score
3_falls, thanks for the help on this. That answers my question.

AndyStiletiling, When I talked to the TEC EZ Rep they told me lever first then GO-board. When I questioned the Rep, "Go_Board requires thin-set and mechanically securing the board down" so can I secure into the TEC EZ leveler and how will the leveler hold up with screws in it? I didn't get a definitive answer.

Anyway, thanks Andy and 3_Falls for assisting me with this.

Reply to Floor Level under Go Board for Floor in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
chris14498
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock