Discuss Floor Build Up with UFH in the UK Tiling Forum | Tile Advice Forum area at TilersForums.com

Reaction score
I'm thinking of including an electric heating mat under the floor tiles in the upstairs WC. Could you provide advice on thickness and build up?

Currently there are floor board fixed to joists. I was going to fix down the joists, lay over a cement board, lay an UFH mat and then tile over the top of that with flexible adhesive.

Is this the correct build up and any thoughts on the thickness of cement board that should be used?

Reply to Floor Build Up with UFH in the UK Tiling Forum | Tile Advice Forum area at TilersForums.com

Similar threads

• Question
Hi all, Got some 1sqm 6mm tiles to lay and the subfloor is 18mm T&G ply on top of joists. On this is 6mm hardie board (was used to build up height to match landing) and ditra mat. Underneath this is wet UFH. As the ply is straight onto joists the floor is not exactly 100% flat and level. It's...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Porcelain Subfloor
Hi all, after some advice way in advance. We are currently extending arvoss Backnof our house, we have about 40sqm of block and beam on insulation that will be liquid screed. Then when we knock through the existing is timber suspended floor (currently floorboards).we wanted to use porcelain...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Trying to figure out the best approach to laying a heated penny floor (1” tile) in my basement bathroom. The space is ~50sqft with a shower insert. The concrete floor is level. I need to raise the floor to better align with the hallway which is 1” subfloor (Dricor) with 3/16” LVP. My plan is...
Replies
Views
  • Question
hi all i having my bathroom flooring installed with 18mm ply over the entire floor joists then add 10mm warm up insulations boards Insulation Boards for Underfloor Heating | Warmup UK - https://www.warmup.co.uk/underfloor-heating/insulation/boards then add the warm up heating mat DCM-PRO -...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi, This is for a bathroom (including a bath). I have a buildup of timber joists / 22mm ply / 25mm thermal rockwool batts (with wet UFH pipes running through them). I would appreciate any suggestions on what layer to add next to create enough rigidty to lay tiles. I appreciate that trying...
Replies
Views
Tiling Courses
Workwear for Tradesmen
Mapei Tile Adhesive and Grout
uHeat
The Wetroom Store for all Wetroom Installations
Nicobond Tile Adhesives and Grout

Latest 10

Thanks for visiting TilersForums.com, formerly known as TilersForums.co.uk.

Search Forum