Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss FIXRADIO - Tunes Request Thread & DAB Radio Recommendations Thread in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Please checkout the following advertisement.
FIXRADIO Song Request - Tunes Request - Request a Song - TilersForums.com

FIXRADIO - Tunes Request Thread - The TilersForums.com official unofficial tunes request and shout-out thread.

This isn't something we've organised with FIXRADIO officially. So it's the unofficial official tunes request thread.

If you really really want a tune on, use the usual channels. Fingers crossed this'll be a thing one day but it might also disappear amongst the tile threads and never be seen again.

FIXRADIO is the station for the tradesperson! - It's available online and via a DAB radio. If you're buying a new van, it needs to have a DAB radio in it, or send it back. It's not a new van at all.

If you're buying a new radio, and it's not a DAB, send it back. It's a 'wireless' and not a real radio ;) ;)

We're working on a play button directly for the forums, so as you're browsing the forum you can whack it on in the background. Nice and easy. But if you're getting https://www.tilersforums.com/forums/tile-adhesive/ all over your phone and and your phone case is rubbish, then you need a DAB radio to do the job for you instead.

Here are some we found for you, feel free to reply with links to where you got yours from and where you have found the best price on them etc, don't keep it all to yourself now (links will open in a new window to compare them):-
The following radio is DAB, but you can't drive a vehicle over it. So it's the boring bog-standard DAB radio, unlike the ones built for site-work like the above ones. But it's DAB. So you can get FIXRADIO. And that's all that matters, right? We're not scaffolders or roof tilers, so why do we need a super rugged radio that charges your phone and drill batteries anyway?
Just for a laugh. Here's a DeWalt (they seem to do more radios than RicherSounds have available!) that's over £200! Whaaaaat?

The rating systems of all the above websites and / or product pages are all unique to their websites so there's no way at all to compare them by the reviews. I love that about review systems. Really helpful. :)

Weird how they all have 5 star reviews too. You'd never push a 2 star would you lol

Anyway, tag @FIXRADIO in your post and say a song name. And if they fancy it, they might play it one day. :) - We'll see if we can get them on board with this thread in time to come.

Have a lovely day. :)

p.s. no dissing the station and / or music in general in this thread. Instead, make an email with your moaning in it, and address it to yourself. :D

Last edited:
Reaction score
I bought the dewalt tough-system 6 speaker jobby about 2 years ago. Its defo the best site radio that i have ever owned. Really good sound and very clear. And ultra loud!!! I absolutely recommend this radio. A bit of overkill however as i mainly listen to radio 4.....

Reaction score
Its a beast Dan. If its on full volume, i have to use flexible addy on everything! It is so dammed loud and clear. Defo worth paying a bit extra for it. Also it has saved my *** so many times when the battery on my phone has died. I can just charge my phone off the radio's battery.

G

GoneGuy

I’ve got the new makita radio, haven’t used it on site yet but used it for a bbq the other week and my neighbour who lives 6 doors down could hear the music and said it was crisp and bass 😉👍🏻

0548B020-E171-4D81-A3DA-0274610B7FB0.jpeg

OP
Dan

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Wow that's awesome. That's the one I've linked to isn't it? But zoomed in (close up lol).

Seeing it there I'm unsure if I would want dirty site fingers messing with buttons and whatnot! That's far too awesome to muck up.

G

GoneGuy

Wow that's awesome. That's the one I've linked to isn't it? But zoomed in (close up lol).

Seeing it there I'm unsure if I would want dirty site fingers messing with buttons and whatnot! That's far too awesome to muck up.
The link is the standard dab one, this one was released this year got usb and Bluetooth on it as well

OP
Dan

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
The link is the standard dab one, this one was released this year got usb and Bluetooth on it as well
Hopefully the same price?! I'll have to update the link I would hate buy a thing and it already be out of date! That'd do my head in forever.

OP
Dan

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
I got a radio one about that. And you could take it on site. And lose it and get another for that.

I'd be shared taking that bad boy anywhere but in my own home.

That said. You take cutters worth way more everywhere. I just don't think somebody seeing your cutter is going to grab it and go whaaaaa thats ace, and start changing settings.

But even your best mate would with that radio lol

Lou

Admin
Staff member
Esteemed
Reaction score
View attachment 109456
FIXRADIO - Tunes Request Thread - The TilersForums.com official unofficial tunes request and shout-out thread.

This isn't something we've organised with FIXRADIO officially. So it's the unofficial official tunes request thread.

If you really really want a tune on, use the usual channels. Fingers crossed this'll be a thing one day but it might also disappear amongst the tile threads and never be seen again.

FIXRADIO is the station for the tradesperson! - It's available online and via a DAB radio. If you're buying a new van, it needs to have a DAB radio in it, or send it back. It's not a new van at all.

If you're buying a new radio, and it's not a DAB, send it back. It's a 'wireless' and not a real radio ;) ;)

We're working on a play button directly for the forums, so as you're browsing the forum you can whack it on in the background. Nice and easy. But if you're getting https://www.tilersforums.com/forums/tile-adhesive/ all over your phone and and your phone case is rubbish, then you need a DAB radio to do the job for you instead.

Here are some we found for you, feel free to reply with links to where you got yours from and where you have found the best price on them etc, don't keep it all to yourself now (links will open in a new window to compare them):-
The following radio is DAB, but you can't drive a vehicle over it. So it's the boring bog-standard DAB radio, unlike the ones built for site-work like the above ones. But it's DAB. So you can get FIXRADIO. And that's all that matters, right? We're not scaffolders or roof tilers, so why do we need a super rugged radio that charges your phone and drill batteries anyway?
Just for a laugh. Here's a DeWalt (they seem to do more radios than RicherSounds have available!) that's over £200! Whaaaaat?

The rating systems of all the above websites and / or product pages are all unique to their websites so there's no way at all to compare them by the reviews. I love that about review systems. Really helpful. :)

Weird how they all have 5 star reviews too. You'd never push a 2 star would you lol

Anyway, tag @FIXRADIO in your post and say a song name. And if they fancy it, they might play it one day. :) - We'll see if we can get them on board with this thread in time to come.

Have a lovely day. :)

p.s. no dissing the station and / or music in general in this thread. Instead, make an email with your moaning in it, and address it to yourself. :D

This has gone down to £20! Bush DAB Radio

OP
Dan

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Ive been looking to getting a DAB site radio, liking the look of that Makita one

If FixRadio stand up to their word, and I'm sure they will, there's one going FOC for the winner of the JOTM.

Reply to FIXRADIO - Tunes Request Thread & DAB Radio Recommendations Thread in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmcdon47
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock