Discuss FIXRADIO Tradesperson of the Year 2019 - Please nominate yourself (quickly!) or let us know if you already have! in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

O

Old Mod

33E95763-F2C3-4498-B59F-B0D7B5C98BE2.jpeg

FIXRADIO are looking for 20 nominations for their Wall and Floor Tiler of the year 2019 category.
Which is part of the kitchen and bathroom fitters category.
So please do nominate yourself (we can't nominate on your behalf, we haven't the time, and love you all the same we couldn't pick just 20 ;) but I'm sure other people can nominate on your behalf if you want to nominate each other).

Information about the awards are here: Tradesperson of the Year 2019 - https://www.fixradio.co.uk/awards/

CLICK HERE TO NOMINATE YOURSELF

They need a couple of images, a bit of blurb about you and your business. That kinda jazz. Don't worry if you don't have a thousand work pictures and aren't articulate with your wording. Just bullet-point your own awesome skills, and the advantages your customers have when they choose you to do their tiling.

You could perhaps get a family member, customer, partner, children, parents, whoever to help you or nominate you. Or you could surprise somebody and nominate them perhaps.

Please get involved, shared this info via social media or email or whatever. Link directly to the nomination page etc we're not looking for traffic out of this.

This is an awesome idea. Things like this and TTA Awards are strings to your bow. They help sell you as a tiler to other customers. Fill your content on rate-a-trader type websites with something unique to your business. They pay dividends long term. We've had tilers go on DIY-SOS and spend a few days working for free and still to this day they're getting business off the back of it because it shows how good they are to others. You don't have to find customers who watch DIY-SOS or are only picking tilers that have won a TTA Tiler of the Year Award etc - It's just another string to your bow. :)

So crack on. Why you're still reading this I don't know.

Oh and just in case anyone gets any clever ideas, as I’m staff here I’m not eligible to enter.
And besides, it’s not my thing. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Oh and just in case anyone gets any clever ideas, as I’m staff here I’m not eligible to enter.
And besides, it’s not my thing. :)

They aren't paying us to do this so you're fine entering I think. :)

Lou

Admin
Staff member
Esteemed
Reaction score
Have they?! What did they say? Did they say the forum names?

We have been emailing this morning yeah.

O

Old Mod

Have they?! What did they say? Did they say the forum names?

We have been emailing this morning yeah.

No unfortunately not Lou, I am trying to take notice but it’s not easy, a lot of the time it’s just background noise I’m afraid.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
I think you're fine entering now if you want to mate. We aren't officially sponsoring each other. We're just plugging their comp. The next year one we will push earlier and get involved more I think. Caught onto this one a bit late.

Forum staff are all volunteers anyway. So I think we'd be okay from that point of view. Your job is your tiling. I don't think I'd be able to enter (not that I would with my tiling!!! lmao) if we were actually being paid to promote it.

But for now it's a JOTM radio, in return for a thread on each forum. And I've sent an email out to about 40,000 of our members (over the three forums) I think.

Really want to be involved more.

But I'm 99.9% certain you can enter mate if you want to. Regardless of @timeless john Uncle Teej's views on your tiling lol (or whatever that was! - I've just got in from a meeting so haven't caught up yet!).

I'm going to do a tunes request thread later, on each forum, and give FIXRADIO a forum account to login and leave logged in on their comp. So hopefully we can let members do a tune request on the forum and it gets read out with their username. And then I've now got contact with their web guy, who I'm asking for the javascript and HTML for their "play button" so members viewing the forum can just hit play without leaving the forum.

So whilst working together a bit. It's kinda just off our own backs. Nobody's paying anybody. And hopefully we'll get the members some benefits down the line. They seem to be handy with regards to getting hold of goodies for competitions and things. So I don't want lose them. :)

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
They're on the fixradio site I guess. Not sure right now mate. He's been contacted directly. @bradley ogrady

Meeting him at the awards stand just before the awards.

O

Old Mod

Fair play to you Bradley, 20% chance more than anyone else has on here.
So best of luck to you mate, hope you win. 👍
[automerge]1569626784[/automerge]
Meeting him at the awards stand just before the awards.

Does that mean I have to win an award to meet you @Dan? 🤣
Does jotm count? 😁
Oh and on that subject, if by some miraculous stroke if I win, you can put radio back in for next month.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Fair play to you Bradley, 20% chance more than anyone else has on here.
So best of luck to you mate, hope you win. 👍
[automerge]1569626784[/automerge]

Does that mean I have to win an award to meet you @Dan? 🤣
Does jotm count? 😁
Oh and on that subject, if by some miraculous stroke if I win, you can put radio back in for next month.
Haha maybe so mate. We fly sometimes from Darn Sarf. Next time we're flying from Gatwick we'll come a day earlier lol

Reply to FIXRADIO Tradesperson of the Year 2019 - Please nominate yourself (quickly!) or let us know if you already have! in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawz84
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks