Discuss Fitting shower screen to wall above tile sloping to bath edge leaves a gap in the Tanking and Wetrooms Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Paluro

-
Reaction score
Hello Tilers
I recently fitted a bathroom for a (paying) friend.
One of the problems I encountered was the soil pipe which runs behind, then turns to run along the tap end of the bath. I made up the gap with 76 x 51 mm (3''x 2'') CLS, I tiled it forming a slope to shed water, grouted and then realised that the bottom edge of the over-bath shower screen would not reach the bath edge due to the sloping tiles.
I'm thinking of fixing some sort of post to the wall with the bottom trimmed to the slope and then fixing the screen to that. If that's advisable, what material could be used?
I'd welcome any suggestions, thanks.

D

Dumbo

I like that idea for practicality reasons and I'm pretty sure I've done it in the past.
Fix some timber to the wall and clad in a tile backer board of your choice and then tile .

Paluro

-
Reaction score
Thanks, sounds like a winner. I'd thought of painted wood or maybe box section aluminium, but tile clad wood seems like the obvious solution.

Reply to Fitting shower screen to wall above tile sloping to bath edge leaves a gap in the Tanking and Wetrooms Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Matthew77
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks