Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Fitting Limestone to new concrete flow screed 80mm, wet UFH and main room is 11m x 5m! in the The Welcome Forum area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

SteveH

TF
Reaction score
Please checkout the following advertisement.
Hi all,
Ive been asked to lay limestone to a new extension, it has a main room 11 x 5m with smaller rooms off.
At present no expansion joints in slab and they say they are going to grind 8mm deep joint in middle of room and in doorways!
In my mind 8mm won't achieve anything ? I am proposing joints in stone in doorways and wanted one across middle of main room all fitted on decoupler.
However i am nervous that concrete has no full depth joints.
Any thoughts please?

L

LM

Hi all,
Ive been asked to lay limestone to a new extension, it has a main room 11 x 5m with smaller rooms off.
At present no expansion joints in slab and they say they are going to grind 8mm deep joint in middle of room and in doorways!
In my mind 8mm won't achieve anything ? I am proposing joints in stone in doorways and wanted one across middle of main room all fitted on decoupler.
However i am nervous that concrete has no full depth joints.
Any thoughts please?
Is there under floor heating in the screed?

Ajax123

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Any cut joints are for shrinkage control unless they are made to the full depth. Shrinkage joints should be a minimum of 1/3rd of the total depth of the slab. 8mm deep joints are pointless

OP
S

SteveH

TF
Reaction score
Any cut joints are for shrinkage control unless they are made to the full depth. Shrinkage joints should be a minimum of 1/3rd of the total depth of the slab. 8mm deep joints are pointless
Thanks, yes I thought as much, probably more to appease the customer who asked about them whilst not wanting to nip a pipe! Shouldn’t there be full joints in slab if heating is zoned?

OP
S

SteveH

TF
Reaction score
Are there Brit standards for expansion joints in concrete with UFH and zones?There are none, manufacturer only says typically there should be and builder who fitted UFH etc says its screed suppliers fault!

Reply to Fitting Limestone to new concrete flow screed 80mm, wet UFH and main room is 11m x 5m! in the The Welcome Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
flooringdemand
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock