Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss First time tiling sanity check. in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

Reaction score
Please checkout the following advertisement.
Hi Guys,
I've got a lot of great advice from reading through these forums but just wanted a sanity check on what I'm doing before I start. As part of a major DIY renovation our Edwardian terrace I'm currently working on the bathroom and planning the tile aspect.

The walk in shower has large tiles 30 x 60 x 1cm.
The floor has 5cm mosaic tiles
The area behind the bath has 30 x 10 x 0.8cm white brick tiles.

All the tiled areas are being fitted with marmox boards, Im planning to use mapai keraflex maxi S1 for all the tiles and for fitting the marmox showerlay to the floor.
3mm gap for the large wall tiles and 2mm for the brick tiles with a grey grout.

10mm notched trowel for the large wall tiles
6mm notched trowel for mosaic and brick tiles

Either Premtool or Kubala tile leveling system on the large format wall tiles.
Back butter the larger tiles. Aluminium corner trim in the external corners/walk in area. Silicon in the internal corners.

Does this all sound OK and sensible?

Thanks
Paul

Reply to First time tiling sanity check. in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
sj1709
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock