Discuss First floor tiling over wet underfloor heating. in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Reaction score
I have a customer who wishes to tile their entire first floor over wet underfloor heating.

The ufh is between joists, with a biscuit screed on top. How would you guys then prepare this to be tiled?

Whole area is approx 80m - 4 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms and landing. Tile will be a porcelain plank - 900 x 225.

I am supplying tiles - not tiling it - I leave the skilled stuff to the experts, but I want to ensure that customer has a trouble free installation.

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Will depend on how nhow much deflection there is

H

hmtiling

Used this before and it's good stuff. It needs to be glued and screwed and primed. If the joists are in good condition and not miles apart I'd say it was a good solution, especially as 22mm hardie is no longer available. Give nmp a call to discuss/spec it though

Reply to First floor tiling over wet underfloor heating. in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Northern Tiler
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks