Discuss External tilling on a wet concrete path in the America area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Reaction score
I am laying porcelain external tiles over a concrete path outside. The path has had self leveling poured on it and a coat of 50/50 sbr, water mix as a primer. The trouble is its been raining all morning and now it's cleared up but the path is still very damp from the rain.
Can I still stick the tiles on the damp path or does it have to be bone dry? If the latter, this could be a problem as it rains a lot in Wales this time of year.
I'm using exterior frost proof tile adhesive, if that helps, you answer my question.
Thanks.

Reaction score
Please contribute to this thread if you have any new information or can even just reiterate what has been said already. :)
I am laying porcelain external tiles over a concrete path outside. The path has had self leveling poured on it and a coat of 50/50 sbr, water mix as a primer. The trouble is its been raining all morning and now it's cleared up but the path is still very damp from the rain.
Can I still stick the tiles on the damp path or does it have to be bone dry? If the latter, this could be a problem as it rains a lot in Wales this time of year.
I'm using exterior frost proof tile adhesive, if that helps, you answer my question.
Thanks.
Hey bud
You should be ok to lay on damp cement, it wont do any harm and will probably help with the bonding. If it rains again just cover with a tarpaulin.

Dave

TF
Staff member
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Thanks.
What leveller was it. ? Very few can be used externally

Kevbos

Arms
Reaction score
Please contribute to this thread if you have any new information or can even just reiterate what has been said already. :)
Thanks.
You cannot lay on damp surface as it is primed with a waterproof primer !therefore it won't bond properly! Dry it

Reply to External tilling on a wet concrete path in the America area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finias Coroama
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks