Discuss External self levelling ideas? in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

D

Dumbo

There are very few levellers suitable for outdoor use mainly due to the fact they are moisture and frost tolerant . A suitable one is ardex k301 and check this F. Ball stopgap 850 .

Chewie

TF
Reaction score
There are very few levellers suitable for outdoor use mainly due to the fact they are moisture and frost tolerant . A suitable one is ardex k301 and check this F. Ball stopgap 850 .
Thank you sir, Ill check it out. I’ve just seen a Wickes product with is for external applications....

Reaction score
Tilemaster Flexilevel can be used outside under certain conditions - I think that if it is not the finished surface and won't be subject to long periods of sitting water - but double check with their tech dept.

D

Dumbo

Tilemaster Flexilevel can be used outside under certain conditions - I think that if it is not the finished surface and won't be subject to long periods of sitting water - but double check with their tech dept.
I spoke to tilemaster recently and they said they don't have an external grade leveller

Reaction score
Under certain conditions, Tilemaster FlexiLevel is suitable for use externally. For further information please contact the Tilemaster Technical team on 01772 456831 or email [email protected] for further information

Copy & Pasted from their website . . .

N

NZ_Tiler

How large is the area? How thick does the "leveler" need to be? Mapei Planitop fast 330 is a great product, it's not self smoothing but nice to trowel out and finish with a sponge.

I

Italy

if you don't specify the slopes to do or not,
it is useless to speak of self-leveling or leveling.

Chewie

TF
Reaction score
if you don't specify the slopes to do or not,
it is useless to speak of self-leveling or leveling.
I think your English is in question.
The OP states has anyone used Wickes products for external levelling?
Therefore, you either have or you haven’t.
Zzzzz

I

Italy

Zzzzz
since there are answers that speak of self-leveling and leveling,
provided you know the difference.
if only you knew what Wickes products are used for
here in Italy.....
buongiorno

T

Tile Shop

Zzzzz

That's a bit mean... he's Italian and has to use google translate, which is only 50% accurate at the best of times.... Cazzo is his favourite word, he did very well to refrain from using it.

I haven't. So if that's all you want to hear, I'll keep all the better suggestions to myself :)

For the record, all the Setcrete compounds on Wickes website are for internal use only. Unless they have a one-off at your local store you are intent on using.

Good luck.

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to External self levelling ideas? in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Midland Commercial
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks